What is EndNote Basic
EndNote Basic is a simplified Web-based version of EndNote. It includes:
- storage for up to 50,000 references.
- support for the 20 most popular bibliographic styles (but not any UNE local styles).
- up to 2GB of online storage.
The program is available to all UNE staff and students. However, it is not supported by the University Library.
Limits on functionality
EndNote Basic will not allow you to edit or import output styles or filters. You can synchronise your EndNote Basic library with a standard EndNote library.
EndNote Basic does not come with any local UNE styles, although the style Harvard (Qld) corresponds to the 6th edition of the Style Manual for Authors, Editors and Printers.
The Learning Commons computers do not allow EndNote Basic to format references in Word, as they lack the necessary plugin.
Setting up an account
Go to MyEndNoteWeb and create an account. Use your UNE email address as a username, but create a new password.
Twelve months access
Once you have set up your account, you have twelve months access to EndNote Basic. Your account is automatically extended another twelve months whenever your access EndNote Basic.
Using EndNote Basic
- EndNote Online Quick Reference Guide.
- YouTube tutorials:
- To use EndNote Basic with Microsoft Word on your home computer, you must download a plugin and install it on your computer.
More information from Thomson Reuters.