Finding full text
This EndNote feature allows you to select references in your EndNote library and then tell EndNote to search for PDF copies of journal articles. If EndNote finds a matching PDF, it will attach it to the reference and store the PDF in your Data folder.
EndNote’s Find Full Text feature will only work for University of New England's-subscribed full text resources, as well as some open access resources. Not all University subscribed resources are able to be retrieved using this feature. Find Full Text works best when you are looking for journal articles or conference papers, not books.
Setting up EndNote to locate full text
From EndNote go to Edit >Preferences >Find Full Text
· Check the box for DOI and OpenURL. Leave the PubMed box unchecked unless you are interested in the biological and medical sciences. This will make the search much faster.
· Type in the OpenURL Path: http://alma.exlibrisgroup.com/view/uresolver/61UNE/openurl
· Type in the Authenticate with URL: https://ezproxy.une.edu.au/login?url=
· Click Apply and then OK
EndNote records which include a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) within the DOI field will more successfully retrieve full text. When downloading citations from databases ensure you include the DOI in the records.
Using the full text features
To Find Full Text for a particular journal reference:
- Select a reference (or a number of references)
- Go to References in the top tool bar > Find Full Text > Find Full Text
- Log in with your UNE username and password and initially you may see a list of UNE databases. Click the Continue button.
- Agree to the copyright disclaimer by clicking OK.
Look under the Find Full Text heading at the bottom left column of your EndNote Library. This will indicate the progress in Searching and the software will then tell you if the article has been found successfully or not found.
Full text articles will be attached automatically to the relevant records. If EndNote cannot download the PDF article it may provide a URL link so you can retrieve the article yourself.