Creating an EndNote Library
Adding references manually
Using Library Search
Direct export from databases
Importing with a filter
Exporting from Google Scholar
Finding Full text
Checking for duplicate records Backing up your library
There are many different ways that you can learn how to use EndNote. These include:
- Attend one of the Library classes on EndNote, which are held throughout the year. Note: these classes are conducted using PCs in the Training Lab. The same principles apply but the tools and menus operate a little differently on PCs.
- Try the excellent EndNote website training videos (in Windows Media Player or MP4 format).
- Use the Ask a Librarian service to ask your EndNote questions.
- There are useful help screens in EndNote. Click on the Help menu at the top of the screen.
- The Help guide is also downloadable from the EndNote website in PDF format.
- The EndNote website contains many useful resources, including FAQs.
- You can subscribe to EndNote's Community Users Forum. The list is happy to receive questions from novices, deals with both Windows and Macs and is helpful for those using EndNote with Word.