Creating an EndNote Library
Adding references manually
Using Library Search
Direct export from databases
Importing with a filter
Exporting from Google Scholar
Finding Full text
Checking for duplicate records Backing up your library
Using AGLC 3 with EndNote: The Steps
Using Endnote with AGLC3 for law can be very tricky.
Existing EndNote law reference types are not compatible with the AGLC3 output style. That is, if users try to use existing EndNote law reference types such as Hearing, Bill, Case or Legal rule/regulation while using AGLC3, they will receive an error message in their word bibliography saying 'reference type not supported by output style'.
You actually have to install two separate files for the AGLC style to work with Endnote.
- The Output Style (AGLC3 Style for Endnote (.ens))
- The Reference Type table (Legal Reference Type Table (.xml))
We recommend that you use the files created by UTS. Links to these files are below, and UTS has also provided an installation guide.
1. The Output Style
First you need to download the Endnote AGLC3 style file (Right click on the link below and select Save as).
Once you have it on your computer (usually in your downloads folder) you need to move it into the Styles folder in your Endnote program files.
- For PC's this is usually located in your C: Drive: C:\ProgramFiles\EndNoteX7\Styles
- For Macs, it should be in your Applications folder: Applications\EndNote X7\Styles
Change the output style in your Endnote program to AGLC_(UTS).
If the AGLC style does not appear in the drop down list, simply choose Select Another Style to search the full list of styles available in Endnote.
Please note: This style will not work until you have installed the appropriate Reference Type Table.
2. The Reference Type Table
Secondly you need to download a new Reference Type table. (Right click on the link below and select Save as).
Once you have it on your computer you need to Import it into your Endnote program..
To do this:
- Open the Endnote Program
- Click Edit>Preferences
- Choose Reference Types from the list on the left.
- Select Import in the Reference Type table section.
- Find and select your RefTypeTable.xml file (usually in your downloads folder).
- Click Open.
You can now use the AGLC3 style in Endnote.
- If you have trouble downloading a style, try a different browser.
- If you click on a style link and get gibberish on the screen, go back and try again, this time pressing the Shift key while clicking the style name.
- Mac users can download a style by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the folder icon. Then click on Download Link to Disk in order to save the style into the EndNote styles folder.
- If you are a Mac user and wish to modify an EndNote style, you will first have to copy the folder of EndNote styles into your Documents folder and Edit your Preferences for your Folder Locations in EndNote.