- Apple's bluetooth wireless keyboard
- iPad stand - no need to spend a lot, see The $0.69 iPad Stand
- Apple Smart Cover (for iPad 2)
- Dagi Stylus (optional, but nice for sketching on the iPad), review on YouTube, see also new version of Dagi stylus
- Bamboo Stylus
- Stylus for capacitive touchscreens - Griffin Technology
- Apple digital AV adapter - iPad 2 screen to HDTV
- Apple VGA adapter - iPad screen to projector or other VGA display
Writing at length
Documents to Go
View, edit, & create documents & spreadsheets in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, & Apple iWork. Sync files stored in Google Docs, Dropbox, and more. Works with Android, Blackberry, iPhone, & iPad. Universal app.
Powerful, geeky plain text editor. Backs up and syncs to Dropbox, includes control over font size and spacing for better viewing while typing, and a macro system that lets you add frequently used keys to a toolbar. Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for international users). Universal app. Free and paid versions available.
This Android app allows you to view, edit and export Open Office documents using Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base.
Documents Free (Mobile Office Suite)
Edit and manage spreadsheets and text files on your iPhone or iPad. Work with files on- and offline and sync to cloud storage including Dropbox, Skydrive and Google Drive.
A powerful word processor designed for iPad and iPhone that allows you to create a range of documents from scratch or by using the large number of Apple-designed templates included.